Hi! I am Czarina Bowers (the 'C' is silent), a birth and postpartum doula, photographer, childbirth educator, and Sacred Pregnancy and GentleBirth instructor. I started my doula practice because I trust in birth and I trust our bodies to grow and nourish our babies. I believe that giving birth is one of the most profound and transformative experiences of our lives and that having caring, compassionate support right from the start can help parents cherish the beauty of their journey.
I have a background in psychology and early childhood education and specialize in working with trauma, perinatal mood and anxiety disorders, diverse populations, and families with special needs.
I help families with:
– Holistic preparation for birth, breastfeeding, and newborn care in private or group childbirth and early parenting classes and workshops.
– Empathetic, full-spectrum doula support throughout pregnancy, birth, and postpartum.
– Knowledgeable and professional in-home postpartum doula support for new families.
– Safe, sanitary placenta preparation for encapsulation and keepsakes.
– Professional photography to document the story of your child’s journey earth-side.
I help other doulas with:
– Holding safe space to process and find support for vicarious trauma and compassion fatigue. (I love happy birth stories too!)
– Compassionate doula care to provide information and emotional support on your journey toward starting a small business.
– Graphic and web design from a sister doula who probably knows your ideal client as well as you do.
– Professional photography and design services for digital and print marketing materials.
– Community circles, gatherings, and cross-cultural practices for healing and self care to support the awe and wonder of our sacred work.