The HEART Doula Business Pledge
By making a listing in the directory, you agree with the following:
- I want to operate my business with an abundance mindset. I believe that there is enough business for everyone and I take responsibility for attracting my own clients while celebrating every time another doula is hired as well. I choose community over competition.
- I realize that it is impossible for me to appeal to or serve every woman who wants a doula. I will work to understand my unique niche so that I can serve the women who are the best match for me. When someone isn’t a good match I can gladly refer them to another doula so that they can be best served.
- I get to choose the fees that are right for my services and I allow other doulas the same courtesy. I value a living wage for doulas AND the provision of doula care for the disadvantaged. I will never shame a woman for wanting a doula but not being able to afford one, I can decline her inquiry with grace.
- I will serve potential clients, and clients, with enthusiasm and professionalism. This means returning calls or emails quickly, being on time to appointments, retaining back up when needed, using a clear contract and doing what I will say I will do. When I make a mistake I will do what I can to make it right.
- I am completely transparent with my pricing and present it up front. I choose not engage in pushy sales tactics such as cold solicitation in public places or hard up-selling during interviews. I give potential clients the space they need to make financial decisions that are right for their family. I am honest and open if my referrals to other professionals result in financial gain for my own business.
- I will operate my business with integrity, following all applicable laws and my certifying organization’s scope of practice. If I know a fellow doula may be operating outside the law or their scope, I will come alongside them with grace and kindness to see if I can mentor them. If they don’t accept an offer of help, I will reach out privately to their trainer or certifying body. I do not use other’s mistakes as a marketing advantage to prove that I’m better than them.
- I refuse to make exaggerated or unprovable claims about my business, such as being “the best”, “the most professional” or “above the rest”. I recognize that we can all excel at our jobs and the only the reason I want a mother to hire me is if she feels I am the best fit for her. I resolve to always do my own personal best work and expect other doulas to do the same.
- I will not cast aspersions against another doula or provoke fear in order to gain business. Mothers deserve informed consent and validation of their own concerns, not the imposition of my own agenda, in the hiring process.
- I will not use controversy as a marketing technique. I do not subscribe to the mantra “any publicity is good publicity”. When I write blog posts or interact on social media I have only the mother’s best interests at heart. SEO, website traffic or other business concerns are secondary to providing useful, uplifting content designed for my client’s consumption.
- When my business is struggling I will use it as a learning opportunity and reach out to receive mentorship. I accept that building a business is hard work and there are no shortcuts to success. I refuse to compromise my ethics to be hired.
- I recognize that I will never know everything about being a doula. This profession requires both humility and confidence. I accept the tension between both ends of this spectrum. The expert at any birth is the mother. She is the authority and when I am unsure of myself I will take my concerns to a trusted mentor so that I don’t bring my uncertainties into the client’s headspace.
- I value the experience of the doulas who have come before me. Even when I feel confident in my own business, I will show kindness and respect to those who have a vast pool of experiences to pull from. I will have the humility to ask for advice when I encounter a situation that is new to me.
- I welcome new doulas into my community. Everyone has valuable skills even when they are just starting out. I offer my support and encouragement as doulas gain experience.
- “It’s just business” is not a philosophy I subscribe to with doula work. Birth is one of the most transformational times of a woman’s life. It is more than business. I am being invited into the sacred space of a woman becoming a mother. I will always respect the emotional gravity of being a doula. My business goals are secondary to mother’s needs.
- I acknowledge that there are many pathways to competence as a doula. Even if I feel loyal to my training or certification organization, I refuse to diminish or demean doulas who choose to train or certify elsewhere. Skills and ethics matter most, not associations. I will offer support to doulas of all backgrounds.
- I will speak to my fellow doulas with the same kindness that I would speak to my clients, even when we disagree. I refuse to act one way online and another way in person.
- I reject horizontal violence, bullying and harassment in all it’s forms. I will not participate in the destruction of my own profession no matter how strong my alliances are. In every situation I will ask myself: Does this advance the cause of all doulas?
BY VISITING FINDAHEARTDOULA.COM YOU ARE CONSENTING TO OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
The terms “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to Tiny Giant Marketing, Inc.. The term the “Site” refers to FINDAHEARTDOULA.COM The terms “user,” “you,” and “your” refer to site visitors, customers, and any other users of the site.
The blog provided on this site, directory listings, business meetups, any and all services, trainings or workshops offered throughTiny Giant Marketing, Inc. (the “Service”).
Use of FINDAHEARTDOULA.COM, including all materials presented herein and all online services provided byTiny Giant Marketing, Inc., is subject to the following Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions apply to all site visitors, customers, and all other users of the site. By using the Site or Service, you agree to these Terms and Conditions, without modification, and acknowledge reading them.
USE OF THE SITE AND SERVICE
To access or use the Site, you must be 18 years of age or older and have the requisite power and authority to enter into these Terms and Conditions. Children under the age of 18 are prohibited from using the Site. Information provided on the Site and in the Service related to the Heart Doula Directory and other information are subject to change.Tiny Giant Marketing, Inc. makes no representation or warranty that the information provided, regardless of its source (the “Content”), is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free.Tiny Giant Marketing, Inc. disclaims all liability for any inaccuracy, error, or incompleteness in the Content.
In order to use the Service, you may be required to provide information about yourself including your name, email address, username and password, and other personal information. You agree that any registration information you give toTiny Giant Marketing, Inc. will always be accurate, correct, and up to date. You must not impersonate someone else or provide account information or an email address other than your own. Your account must not be used for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction.
You may use the Site and Service for lawful purposes only. You agree to be financially responsible for all purchases made by you or someone acting on your behalf through the Site. You agree to use the Site and to purchase services or products through the Site for legitimate, non-commercial purposes only. You shall not post or transmit through the Site any material which violates or infringes the rights of others, or which is threatening, abusive, defamatory, libelous, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane, or otherwise objectionable, contains injurious formulas, recipes, or instructions, which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
REFUSAL OF SERVICE
The Services are offered subject to our acceptance of your order or requests. We reserve the right to refuse service to any order, person or entity, without the obligation to assign reason for doing so. No order is deemed accepted by us until payment has been processed. We may at any time change or discontinue any aspect or feature of the Site or Service, subject to us fulfilling our previous responsibilities to you based on acceptance of your payment.
We will email you to confirm the placement of your order and with details concerning product delivery. In the event that there is an error in this email confirmation, it is your responsibility to inform us as soon as possible.
We endeavor to describe and display the Service as accurately as possible. While we try to be as clear as possible in explaining the Service, please do not accept that the Site is entirely accurate, current, or error-free. From time to time we may correct errors in pricing and descriptions. We reserve the right to refuse or cancel any order with an incorrect price listing.
MATERIAL YOU SUBMIT TO THE SITE
You shall not upload, post or otherwise make available on the Site any artwork, photos, or other materials (collectively “Materials”) protected by copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right without the express written permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right, and the burden of determining that any Materials are not so protected rests entirely with you. You shall be liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, trademarks, or other proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from such a submission. For all Materials submitted by you to the Site, you automatically represent or warrant that you have the authority to use and distribute the Materials, and that the use or display of the Materials will not violate any laws, rules, regulations, or rights of third parties.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS TO YOUR MATERIALS
We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you supply toTiny Giant Marketing, Inc. You retain copyright and any other rights you may rightfully hold in any content that you submit through the Site or Service. Content you submit toTiny Giant Marketing, Inc. remains yours to the extent that you have any legal claims therein. You agree to holdTiny Giant Marketing, Inc. harmless from and against all claims, liabilities, and expenses arising out of any potential or actual copyright or trademark misappropriation or infringement claimed against you. By posting material on the Site, you grant us a worldwide, nonexclusive, irrevocable license to use the material for promotional, business development, and marketing purposes.
OUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The Site and Service contain intellectual property owned byTiny Giant Marketing, Inc., including trademarks, copyrights, proprietary information, and other intellectual property. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works from, distribute, display, reproduce or perform, or in any way exploit in any format whatsoever any of the Site or Service
Content or intellectual property, in whole or in part, without our prior written consent. We reserve the right to immediately remove you from the Service, without refund, if you are caught violating this intellectual property policy.
We may at any time amend these Terms and Conditions. Such amendments are effective immediately upon notice to you by us posting the new Terms and Conditions on this Site. Any use of the Site or Service by you after being notified means you accept these amendments. We reserve the right to update any portion of our Site and Service, including these Terms and Conditions, at any time. We will post the most recent versions to the Site and list the effective dates on the pages of our Terms and Conditions.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU AGREE THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICE. ADDITIONALLY, Tiny Giant Marketing, Inc. IS NOT LIABLE FOR DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH (I) ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, DENIAL OF SERVICE, ATTACK, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, OR LINE OR SYSTEM FAILURE; (II) LOSS OF REVENUE, ANTICIPATED PROFITS, BUSINESS, SAVINGS, GOODWILL OR DATA; AND (III) THIRD PARTY THEFT OF, DESTRUCTION OF, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION OR PROPERTY, REGARDLESS OF OUR NEGLIGENCE, GROSS NEGLIGENCE, FAILURE OF AN ESSENTIAL PURPOSE AND WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES IN NEGLIGENCE, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LEGAL LIABILITY. THE FOREGOING APPLIES EVEN IF Tiny Giant Marketing, Inc. HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF OR COULD HAVE FORESEEN THE DAMAGES. IN THOSE STATES THAT DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR THE DAMAGES, OUR LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST POSSIBLE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IN NO EVENT SHALL Tiny Giant Marketing, Inc.’S CUMULATIVE LIABILITY TO YOU EXCEED THE TOTAL PURCHASE PRICE OF THE SERVICE YOU HAVE PURCHASED FROM Tiny Giant Marketing, Inc., AND IF NO PURCHASE HAS BEEN MADE BY YOU Tiny Giant Marketing, Inc.’s CUMULATIVE LIABILITY TO YOU SHALL NOT EXCEED $100.
THIRD PARTY RESOURCES
The Site and the Service contain links to third party websites and resources. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable for the availability, accuracy, content, or policies of third party websites or resources. Links to such websites or resources do not imply any endorsement by or affiliation with Tiny Giant Marketing, Inc. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources.
You shall indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, settlements, liabilities, costs, charges, assessments, and expenses, as well as third party claims and causes of action, including, without limitation, attorney’s fees, arising out of any breach by you of any of these Terms and Conditions, or any use by you of the Site or Service. You shall provide us with such assistance, without charge, as we may request in connection with any such defense, including, without limitation, providing us with such information, documents, records, and reasonable access to you, as we deem necessary. You shall not settle any third party claim or waive any defense without our prior written consent.
EFFECT OF HEADINGS
The subject headings of the paragraphs and subparagraphs of this Agreement are included for convenience only and shall not affect the construction or interpretation of any of its provisions.
ENTIRE AGREEMENT; WAIVER
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Tiny Giant Marketing, Inc. pertaining to the Site and Service and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous agreements, representations, and understandings between us. No waiver of any of the provisions of this Agreement by Tiny Giant Marketing, Inc. shall be deemed, or shall constitute, a waiver of any other provision, whether or not similar, nor shall any waiver constitute a continuing waiver. No waiver shall be binding unless executed in writing by Tiny Giant Marketing, Inc.
All notices, requests, demands, and other communications under this Agreement shall be in writing and properly addressed as follows:
Tiny Giant Marketing, Inc., P.O. Box 1795, Lynnwood, WA 98046
GOVERNING LAW; VENUE; MEDIATION
This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with, and governed by, the laws of the State of WASHINGTON as applied to contracts that are executed and performed entirely in WASHINGTON. The exclusive venue for any arbitration or court proceeding based on or arising out of this Agreement shall be SNOHOMISH County, WASHINGTON. The parties agree to attempt to resolve any dispute, claim, or controversy arising out of or relating to this Agreement by mediation, which shall be conducted under the then current mediation procedures of The CPR Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution3 or any other procedure upon which the parties may agree. The parties further agree that their respective good faith participation in mediation is a condition precedent to pursuing any other available legal or equitable remedy, including litigation, arbitration, or other dispute resolution procedures.
RECOVERY OF LITIGATION EXPENSES
If any legal action or any arbitration or other proceeding is brought for the enforcement of this Agreement, or because of an alleged dispute, breach, default, or misrepresentation in connection with any of the provisions of this Agreement, the successful or prevailing party or parties shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney’s fees and other costs incurred in that action or proceeding, in addition to any other relief to which it or they may be entitled.
If any term, provision, covenant, or condition of this Agreement is held by an arbitrator or court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, void, or unenforceable, the rest of the Agreement shall remain in full force and effect and shall in no way be affected, impaired, or invalidated.
These Terms and Conditions bind and inure to the benefit of the parties’ successors and assigns. These Terms and Conditions are not assignable, delegable, sublicenseable, or otherwise transferable by you. Any transfer, assignment, delegation, or sublicense by you is invalid.
The terms “we,” “us,” and “our” refers to Tiny Giant Marketing, Inc. The terms “user,” “you,” and “your” refer to site visitors, customers, and any other users of the site.
The term “personal information” is defined as information that you voluntarily provide to us that personally identifies you and/or your contact information, such as your name, phone number, and email address.
The blog provided on this site, directory listings, business meetups, any and all services, trainings or workshops offered through Tiny Giant Marketing, Inc. (the “Service”).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
This Site only collects the personal information you voluntarily provide to us, which may include:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your address
- Your phone
- Your profile information about your business
The information you provide is used to create your profile, process transactions, send periodic emails, and improve the service we provide. We do share your information with trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business and servicing clients and visitors. These trusted third parties agree to keep this information confidential. Your personal information will never be shared with unrelated third parties.
We may record information relating to your use of the Site, such as the searches you undertake, the pages you view, your browser type, IP address, requested URL, referring URL, and timestamp information. We use this type of information to administer the Site and provide the highest possible level of service to you. We also use this information in the aggregate to perform statistical analyses of user behavior and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the Site.
We may send cookies to your computer in order to uniquely identify your browser and improve the quality of our service. The term “cookies” refers to small pieces of information that a website sends to your computer’s hard drive while you are viewing the Site. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them). You have the ability to accept or decline cookies using your web browser settings. If you choose to disable cookies, some areas of the Site may not work properly or at all.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
We maintain security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, misuse, or disclosure. However, no exchange of data over the Internet can be guaranteed as 100% secure. While we make every effort to protect your personal information shared with us through our Site, you acknowledge that the personal information you voluntarily share with us through this Site could be
accessed or tampered with by a third party. You agree that we are not responsible for any intercepted information shared through our Site without our knowledge or permission. Additionally, you release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of such intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
You may access and correct your personal information and privacy preferences by contacting us via email at heartdoulas @gmail.com
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
This website is an educational and informational resource for business owners and families. It is not a substitute for working with a health provider or other professional. I cannot guarantee the outcome of following the recommendations provided and any statements made regarding the potential outcome are expressions of opinion only. I make no guarantees about the information and recommendations provided herein. By continuing to use/read/participate in this website you acknowledge that I cannot guarantee any particular results, as such outcomes are based on subjective factors that are not within my control. Therefore, following any information or recommendations provided on this website/blog are at your own risk. If you need business advice, you should hire a health professional or other professional.
This website/blog is an educational and informational resource for placenta professionals and or pregnant/postpartum families. It is not a substitute for working with a qualified health professional. I cannot guarantee the outcome of following the recommendations provided and my statements about the potential outcome are expressions of opinion only. I make no guarantees about the information and recommendations provided herein. By continuing to use/read/participate in this website/blog you acknowledge that I cannot guarantee any particular results, as such outcomes are based on subjective factors that are not within my control. Therefore, following any information or recommendations provided on this website/blog are at your own risk. If you need legal advice, you should hire healthcare provier or other professional.
Updated: August 2015